Inland Empire .com
The mountain town of Idyllwild, California offers numerous things to do on a rainy (or snowy) weekend. Often thought of as a getaway for families, artists and lovers, this town offers fun for all ages.
- Rock Climbing
- Fishing on Mt. San Jacinto
- San Bernardino National Forest Idyllwild Rangers Station
- Mountain Biking
- Spring Challenge Cycling
- Idyllwild International Festival of Cinema – January
- Lemon Lily Festival – July
- Jazz in the Pines – August
Hotels / Motels /Inns
- The Town Baker: Delicious sticky buns, lemon ricotta cookies, and cinnamon rolls.
- La Casita: Very popular $1 taco nights every Monday and Thursday.
- Gastrognome: A pricier, but more gourmet place with a wide variety of food.
- Cafe Aroma: A local favorite, mix of Italian and American cuisine.
- JC’s Red Kettle: Classic American diner breakfast and lunch menu.
- La Bella Montagna: Italian dishes and pizza.
- Mile High Cafe: Family-owned, serving up American-Korean fusion dishes.
- Gary’s Deli: Sandwiches, chili, and even pot pies!
- The Lumber Mill Bar and Grill: Some of the best and biggest burgers on the hill.