Inland Empire .com
Having fun in the Inland Empire doesn’t have to cost you a dime. This page will be continuously updated, so please check back from time to time.
- Check out some museums about local art and history! Quite a few are 100% free. Check out our list here!
- Stroll through miles of scenic trails at UC Riverside’s Botanic Gardens. The garden’s 40 acres are filled with beautiful flowers, trees, cacti, and other plants from around the world. Admission is free, but there’s a suggested donation of $5, and you’ll have to pay a small fee for parking. The garden is easily walkable from the UCR campus, and if you’re a student who doesn’t need to worry about parking, your garden adventure will basically cost nothing.
- On a related note, go hiking to a secluded waterfall, or to the top of a 10,000 foot mountain. Our list of the best trails near you is here.
- Take a daytrip to the Salton Sea, and explore the deserted towns and, post-zombie apocalypse-style atmosphere around California’s largest lake.
- Explore the art galleries, architecture, and history of Old Town Temecula.
- Check out a local arts walk! Cities from Claremont to Riverside usually host an art walk during the first week of every month.
- Chill out at Victoria Gardens, arguably the IE’s chicest outdoor shopping area, and people watch.